May 29 is 529 Day—a day when 529 college savings plans across the country spread the word on the importance of saving for college! We’re celebrating with Future Scholar, South Carolina’s 529 college savings plan.
Think you know your stuff about college savings? Take our quiz to find out and you’ll get a chance to win a $529 privately funded Future Scholar grant! Cha-ching! Read on to learn a little more about Future Scholar, take the quiz, and enter the giveaway.
Thanks to Future Scholar for sponsoring this quiz and giveaway.
What is Future Scholar?
Future Scholar is South Carolina’s 529 College Savings Plan. A 529 plan is an investment account specifically for college savings. It works like a 401(k), the money that goes in is tax-deductible, and the interest it earns is tax-free, as long as you use the money for qualified expenses. Qualified expenses can be anything from tuition to room and board, books, supplies, and equipment, even computers.
Who is Future Scholar for?
Anyone can open and/or contribute to a Future Scholar account. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends can make contributions and receive the same tax benefits as the account owner. Future Scholar also makes gift-giving super easy. Their e-gift program allows you to invite anyone to make gift contributions via a simple link.
Plus, savings can go with them. 529 funds can be used at any accredited school in the US and over 600 schools internationally. This includes traditional 4-year college degrees, community colleges and technical schools, apprenticeships, graduate schools, and even K-12 private schools.
Get Started Today!
Opening a Future Scholar account is really easy. You can do it online in just a few minutes with some basic information about yourself and the beneficiary.
You can learn more about Future Scholar by:
Take the Quiz
Take the quiz below and you will be entered into a giveaway for a chance to win a $529 privately-funded Future Scholar grant. This giveaway starts on May 5, 2022 and ends at midnight on May 27, 2022.
BONUS! When you register for the giveaway, earn extra entries for following the Office of the South Carolina Treasurer on Facebook and Instagram!
If you have any issues entering the giveaway or questions, please email [email protected] Note: If the giveaway does not appear immediately, try refreshing the screen or waiting for the page to fully load.
- You must be 18 or older and live in South Carolina to enter this giveaway.
- You must use a valid email address to enter this giveaway.
- One entry per person per day.
- We will contact the winner via the email address provided within three  days of the giveaway ending. The winner will have three  days (72 hours) to respond via email. If the winner does not respond within the three  days (72 hours), the prize will be forfeited and another winner chosen. Directions for claiming the prize will be given via email. A valid photo ID and/or mailing address may be required.
- For a complete list of Kidding Around Greenville SC’s giveaway policies and terms and conditions, see the Kidding Around Greenville SC policy page. By entering this giveaway, you agree to comply with Kidding Around Greenville SC’s terms and conditions.